Wednesday, September 3, 2014

The Heaviness Lifted

Depression is easily denied by people who grow accustomed to low energy as a way of life. A heavy dread of the drudge of daily living wipes out any hope that things will ever change. IF you tend to walk through life like molasses, GRAB THIS PROMISE IN GOD's living Word: "You will show me the path of LIFE; in Your Presence is fullness of JOY; at Your right hand are ETERNAL forevermore." Psalms 16:11 ~ A great number of disabled people languished near the sheep gate. Many paralyzed by grief, the blind, the lame. Jesus asked the one stuck in suffering for 38 years "Do you want to get well?" ~ Like many of us, the sick man responded with a self-pity filled excuse "I have no one to help me..." Jesus said to him "Get up!" John 5 ~ Often we suffer because we choose to feel justified in our self pity because God's plan included an unfair amount of difficult circumstances to increase our faith. Thank You Lord Jesus for revealing to me with such a clarity that my protective pride was pierced just as my denial was broken. You revealed my stubborn blindness and the cloud of darkness surrounding me. I saw that satan's spirit of heaviness in me has kept me from experiencing the full measure of Your JOY. Thank You for giving me Your eyes to see and admit ANY excessive mourning, a lack of energy that exists even after waking, the inability to enter deep sleep, the denial of a sense of defeat, any stubbornness, the negative thoughts, the short temper, any sarcasm, the pride of self-sufficiency, the secret inner hurts, my choice to isolate, my bruised beliefs, the mistrust, the doubt, the angst, the extended time in the pit of despair, the resentment, any lack of forgiveness, the deep disappointment of unanswered prayer. All or any of these symptoms leads a believer to languish, to move like syrup in HOPE, to tip toe through life with a dread that God has abandoned them into a life of continual disappointment. Lord Jesus I pray for increased courage to let go of my hurts. I bow down and ASK to RECEIVE a miracle healing. I ask in the name of Jesus to be fully restored and renewed by the gift of Your JOY in me. I stand surrendered to Your internal, continual, permanent place of honor in my heart. With intentional confidence in Who You are in me, and who I am in Thee, it is written: "And when they had laid many stripes (wounds, hurts, bashing) on them, they threw them into prison, commanding the jailer (satan) to keep them securely (restrained by a heavy cloud)....he (satan) put them into the inner prison (dark depression) and fastened their feet (bound by despair) in the stocks. But at midnight Paul and Silas (Bobbi and Barbara ~ two or more) were praying and singing (speaking in a God given language) hymns to God, and the prisoners (spirit of heaviness, spirit of stubbornness) were listening to them. Suddenly there was a great earthquake, (a heat, a warmth of the Holy Spirit) so that the foundations of the prison were shaken; and immediately all the doors were opened and every one's chains were loosed." ACTS 16:23-26 ~ Our God listens to those who cry out ABBA FATHER, this is what the Lord says "I will answer you in a time of favor, and I will help you in the day of salvation. I will keep you, and I will appoint you to be a covenant for the people, to restore the land, to make them possess the desolate inheritances, saying to the prisoners: Come out, and to those who are in darkness: show yourselves....they will not hunger or thirst, the scorching heat or sun will not strike them; for their compassionate One will guide them, and lead them to springs of water." Isaiah 49:8-12 Holman Version ~ With the continual LOVE of God, with His constant JOY, with the Presence of His perpetual Peace we are equipped to speak in the powerful name of Jesus and shake loose the spirit of heaviness! Having people pray and even laying hands on the one suffering are made ineffective by the one who does NOT admit YES I WANT TO BE HEALED! It is important that the one suffering ADMIT that they are unable to SHAKE off the spirit of heaviness alone. ASK the Lord to shine His light upon your soul and examine your need to be let loose from the prison of despair. Gather together with a brother or sister in the Lord and PRAY against the spirit of heaviness. The one suffering MUST COMMAND: "In the name of Jesus I command the spirit of heaviness, the spirit of stubbornness to depart. Regardless of the time and place when you came into my being, I no longer languish without power, I no longer give you a place to dwell. Jesus has separated the pain from the memory and I am no longer a victim of sorrow, or a captive in a cave of heaviness. The JOY of the Lord partners with the LOVE of God and the PEACE of God and I am possessed and fully inhabited with the fruit of His full authority! The Holy Spirit sealed me and He filled me with wisdom and discernment. The Holy Spirit dealt with the cause and I give Him apt applause. I no longer crawl along the ground as a Caterpillar who eats but is never satisfied, but I am transformed by the Potter as soft clay in His capable hands. Thank You Lord for delivering me and I praise You for Who You are, the King of Kings and the Ruler over all that is." My Jesus, my Lord, my God is holy and therefore as His beloved, I declare my position and freedom in Christ. I am fully restored and renewed in my mind, heart, body and soul. Thank You Jesus, I am Yours, and You are mine. "But now, O Lord, You are our Father; we are the clay and You our Potter; and we are the work of Your hands." Isaiah 64:8 NKJV ~ Lord Jesus I pray for a greater measure of JOY in my life. I desire to live a life of joy, which is the type of life you want me to live. Forgive me for settling for less than Your purpose for me. I yield myself ~ as pliable clay in Your hands, I rejoice in the shape and purpose You make me. AMEN ~ LANGUISH NO MORE! Definition of languish: to be or become feeble, weak, or listless; to be or live in a state of depression or decreasing vitality; to become dispirited; to delay or neglect; to assume an expression of grief or emotion appealing for sympathy. Thank You Lord for the gentle, compassionate and clear conviction in my spirit to depart from denial and ASK for the power of PRAYER with another ~ to command the spirit of heaviness to leave. Thank You Father for Your seal, and promise to protect me from the subtle deceit of denial. Forgive me for stubbornly resisting to seek help. Thank You Lord for all the gifts of Your Spirit; love, JOY, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control ~ AMEN "For God did not spare even the angels who sinned. He threw them into hell,in gloomy pits of darkness, where they are being held until the day of judgment." 2 Peter 2:4 ~ Thank You Holy Spirit for praying me through the PIT. Thank You for convicting me to acknowledge my need, and then speaking with authority to the heaviness and commanding, in the name of JESUS, for it to exit, depart, and for self-pity to never return! Righteousness, Peace and JOY are fully restored! Praise GOD for His redeeming, restoring and His renewing Spirit. Thank You for Your divine way of building me in tongues! "I once had a thousand desires,
But in my one consuming desire to know God,
to speak His language fluently,
to bless His Holy Name, and to know
that my voice gives Him pleasure,
honor and glory ~ then,
all else melted away." Barbara Alley
Written March 2013

8 comments:

  1. "I am radiant with JOY over the goodness of the Lord. And my life is like a watered garden and I sorrow no more." Jeremiah 31:12

    ReplyDelete
  2. HEAVINESS/DEPRESSION - Bobbi Pezzoni
    Calvary Church - Modesto, California

    Depression/Heaviness is extremely prevelent causing a host of emotional and physical problems, but behind it is a demonic strongman of heaviness. Life becomes a chore and to the one in bondage its like "walking through molasses."

    Here are some of the symptoms of a spirit of heaviness:
    * Hopelessness/Despair/Dejection
    * Excessing mourning/grieving over a loss
    * Depression/weariness
    * Difficulty in function
    * Excessive fatique
    * Withdrawl/isolation
    * Suicidal thoughts
    * Emptiness
    * Broken heart/inner hurts
    * Self-pity
    * Change in eating/sleeping
    * Feelings of unworthiness/guilt
    * No desire to set goals/make plans

    Trademarks of being full of the joy of the Lord:
    * Lightness
    * Energy/Strength
    * Hopeful for the future
    * Peaceful sleep
    * Has joy to share with others

    Scriptures: Isaiah 61:1,2,3 (Amp.) "The Spirit of the Lord God is upon me, because the Lord has anointed and qualified me to preach the Gospel of good tidings to the meek, the poor, and afflicted; He has sent

    ReplyDelete
  3. Speaking in tongues blesses God as He is the One Who enables a personal language ~ to draw us deeper while the Holy Spirit prays through us at a level of discernment that our human capacity is unable.

    FROM Pastor Michael Hoyle
    Sermon entitled "Acquiring the Power"
    *Tongues help you move into the Spirit.
    *Tongues help you stay focused on the Spirit
    *Tongues help you become sensitive to the Spirit
    *Tongues help you agree with the Spirit
    *Tongues help you feel with the Spirit
    *Tongues help you discern and co-operate
    *Tongues help you launch into intercessory prayer
    *Tongues help you be open to the prompt of the Spirit with thoughts, ideas and impressions.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Effective INTERCESSORY tongue PRAYERS:
    1) In His language His will is prayed
    2) God renews us with increased faith
    3) Unknown needs are met
    4) The enemy is defeated by God's voice
    5) Victory is ours in spiritual battles
    6) God expands our spiritual awareness

    ReplyDelete
  5. PSALM 16:11 from THE MESSAGE: "Now you've got my feet on the life path, all radiant from the shining of your face. Ever since you took my hand, I'm on the right way."

    ReplyDelete
  6. PSALM 16:11 NLT ~ "You will show me the way of life. Being with You is to be full of joy. In Your right hand there is happiness forever."

    ReplyDelete
  7. PSALM 16:11 NEW LIFE VERSION
    "You will show me the way of life. Being with You is to be full of joy. In Your right hand there is happiness"

    ReplyDelete
  8. Enable us Lord to pass off the FIRE of Your love to the next generation. Longevity is an expression of momentum of a value, a wisdom, and the unforced rhythm of God's grace and love. Let us live well and end with a passion that makes our discipline to seek after God with tremendous pleasure. God's passion is seen in revelation: His eyes are lit with fire. He dances over us with a LET LOOSE passion for the right things. Passionate followers will pay any price to sustain our FIRE for Christ. Oh Lord, let us be CONTAGIOUS to all who come in contact, to all who we smile upon. When we speak the name of JESUS, may the people weep as they recognize the VALUE of His precious name.

    ReplyDelete